Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Students Perspective on the Mountain

Morgan Edwards, 2012 OSAI counselor, is our guest blogger today.


Today, I went around at lunchtime to talk to some of the students about their favorite parts of the Oklahoma Summer Arts Institute. 


First year chorus student Emily Cole said:


"I just wish I would have tried out for OSAI in previous years; it's the most incredible experience I have ever been a part of."




Third year chorus student Sarah Carr noted the supportive atmosphere:
"Everyone here supports each other in both performance and friendships. I hope to maintain that characteristic for my personality."


First year photography student Charity Jack said:


"I like meeting new people and getting inspiration from people in my discipline as well as others... I also really like the hash browns!"


Second year acting student Jared Rey said:


"I love being around incredible artists and getting to see so many different perspectives."






Regarding her performance of a monologue for the talent show, acting student Robyn Wheelock said:
"It's incredible to perform for such a big audience. I was awestruck from the energy -- I felt like a movie star for days."


So there you have it!... No matter if the students are first or third years, they love the atmosphere and the support provided by the students as well as the faculty. They also like the hash browns, so props to our chef here at Quartz Mountain! I am so glad that the students are enjoying this incredible camp as much as I did when I was a student. Until next time... hope everyone is staying cool and enjoying the summer... You know our students are here at OSAI!





No comments:

Post a Comment